Radware FastView Virtual ApplianceWeb Performance Optimization and Acceleration
Eighty percent of performance issues occur at the front end or browser level. Therefore, the key to faster websites and web-based applications is to improve front-end performance and optimize each page's code for faster rendering in the browser. In the past, front-end optimization (FEO) was time consuming and could only be performed manually by developers with specific performance expertise. Radware's FastView transforms FEO from a lengthy and complex coding process to an automated function performed in real time that accelerates web application response time out-of-the-box.
FastView: Industry-Leading Web Performance Optimization Solution
There are several best practices and rules organizations should follow in order to optimize web performance. FastView automatically applies these performance rules across the website or web application to immediately deliver faster page-load times.
This results in happier users, increased conversions, higher revenues, improved search engine results, and more productive employees. In addition, the development team can focus on building new features rather than optimizing website code for faster web application response time. FastView automates the performance optimization task and reduces new application's time to market.
What Does FastView Do?
Slow load times have been known to negatively impact a variety of business metrics such as on eCommerce websites. Time is money and customers don't use slow sites. A one second delay in page time equals a 7% loss in conversions, 11% fewer page views and 16% decrease in customer satisfaction. Faster is better and your website and web-based applications need to be lightning quick or you will lose customers and revenue.
FastView is a web performance optimization (WPO) solution that enables faster websites and web-based applications. It transforms front-end optimization (FEO) from a lengthy and complex process to an automated function. This FEO is performed in real time, accelerating web application response time out-of-the-box.
And since we believe that application acceleration and FEO are essential components of a next generation application delivery controller (ADC), FastView integrates into our Alteon NG ADC.
What Does FastView for SAP Do?
FastView for SAP delivers faster response time for SAP applications. It's specifically designed to accelerate SAP applications for your global workforce, partners and customers, overcoming WAN bottlenecks and high latencies, while ensuring continuous and secured operations. This joint solution reduces the network footprint and thus minimizes network deployment, administrative, and operational costs.
FastView for SAP accelerates SAP applications over WAN at near LAN speeds - on top of existing LB and WOC solutions. It provides up to 10x faster response time for remote users and is the only solution that accelerates SAPGUI and WebGUI.
What Makes FastView Better?
FastView accelerates typical web page performance up to 40%. It delivers simplified, streamlined and optimized web pages with the industry's fastest load times, and more:
Accelerates modern and legacy browsers – automatically creates different HTML for different browser types
Only technology to accelerate performance for both fixed and mobile clients
Accelerates the entire transaction, not just one page at a time
Faster web applications and portals response time
- 20-40 percent web application response time improvement on average
- Applicable for both static and dynamic pages, for first and repeated page views and across all web browsers
- Enabling higher conversion rates, more revenues and increased customer satisfaction
Faster web content delivery on mobile devices
- Effective caching for mobile devices based on HTML 5 local storage
- Touch friendly - eliminating touch-to-click conversion delay
- Smart image resizing optimized for smaller mobile devices screens
Improved end user quality of experience
- The most advanced and effective image optimization algorithm, reducing image payload by up to 80%
- Slow object deferral - defer slow 3rd party scripts to eliminate long page load delays
- Dynamic discovery of resources called by scripts (e.g. java scripts, CSS) providing wider coverage of FastView’s acceleration treatments
- Reducing the number of server requests per page and response payload
Performance application acceleration at the transactions level, not just the page level
- Landing page specific optimizations for best acceleration
- Smart browser caching - maximizing the use of the user's local browser cache - allowing sending every object only once
- Smart preloading - learning where users are most likely to go next and preloading objects to their cache
Web page integrity
- Unique page guard technology protecting against visual and logical errors
- Eliminating page breaks on all optimized web pages
Web application acceleration for various modern and legacy browsers
- Browser specific acceleration treatments - for best QoE per browser type
- Acceleration treatments applicable for legacy browsers such as Internet Explorer (IE) 6 and modern browsers such as IE 10, Chrome, Safari
Faster response time for internal web-based mission-critical applications
- Leveraging the above web performance optimization techniques for off-the-shelf applications from leading vendors as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and more
- Improving employee productivity and enabling optimized business operation
- Enabling a more effective mobile workforce
Cost reduction by eliminating manual optimization
- Eliminates the need for ongoing, tedious code optimization per page - freeing development resources to focus on adding new features/capabilities
- Complete web application optimization across the entire web application pages, throughout all of its versions, for all browsers and for all end-user devices
- Automatically adapts to new web pages and to new dynamic content for best optimization and acceleration
Faster time to market
- Automatic web page optimization reduces development time frames and eliminates project delays
- Rapid solution deployment through out-of-the-box optimization capabilities
- No network changes required
Flexible Deployment Models
Whether web applications run from a personal datacenter or hosted on a cloud or whether it uses a CDN service or not, FastView delivers acceleration to all types of web application deployment scenarios through a variety of deployment models. It can be deployed as a hardware appliance in the data center or software/virtual appliance in the data center that front ends applications with seamless capacity scalability and high availability options.
Figure 1 - deployment models in the data center
Web Performance Optimization as a Service – Acceleration Without the Hassle
To benefit from the acceleration and performance improvements FastView offers, but avoid the CAPEX investment and installation hassle of an in-house dedicated appliance (or virtual appliances), Radware offers FastView as a cloud service – with full support from start to finish and includes:
- Full FastView acceleration optimization for the web application (whether installed in the customer's datacenter or in the cloud)
- Traffic redirection with full high availability (HA) configuration
- Ongoing acceleration for production traffic
Figure 2 - FastView deployment model in the cloud
FastView service requires minimal to no resource investment from the customer side for the initial setup and ongoing operation. It doesn't require an initial CAPEX investment as it can be purchased based on an OPEX model with monthly charges per the number of pages accessed through the FastView acceleration service.
Download the Radware FastView Datasheet (PDF).